Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Mark Wahlberg: "I am Catholic"



During the last Oscar awards night, (no I did not watch). Mark Wahlberg was a presentor for an award.  He came out with Ted the Bear from his latest movie, Ted. In the following exchange, which obviously is scripted, Wahlberg proclaimed who he is in front of the whole world.

Ted: “You’ve got a ‘berg’ on the end of your name. Are you Jewish?”

Mark Wahlberg: “No, I’m Catholic.”

Ted: “Wrong answer. Try again.”

Later on, the bear admitted he is Jewish.

Not sure what was that about.

But shows that being a Hollywood celebrity does not mean you shy away from your religious belief.  Be proud of it, whatever state of life you are in right now.

Especially be proud of your Christian heritage if you are in the public eye.

His life story and his journey back home to the Catholic Church is one that would be a Hollywood movie, someday, hopefully.

2 comments:

  1. I saw the replay of Oscars and I was amazed when Mark said "I'M ACTUALLY CATHOLIC". So proud of Mark Wahlberg. I can't help but compare him to other Catholic celebrities such as Madonna and Lady Gaga.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello guys!! Here is site for where you can read and find your favorite catholic celebrities . I have visited this site and liked it. That’s why I am sharing you all.

    ReplyDelete