Pages

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Beautiful Prayer for Priests


I found this beautiful prayer for the Year of the Priests in the website of the Archdiocese of Manila.

I would like to share this with all of you, dear TPC readers.

***

Act of Love of St. John Vianney [This is one of my favorite prayers]

I love You, O my God, and my sole desire is to love You until the last breath of my life. I love You, O infinitely lovable God, and I prefer to die loving You than to live one instant without loving You.

I love You, O my God, and I do not desire anything but heaven so as to have the joy of loving You perfectly.

I love You, O my God, and I fear hell, because there will not be the sweet consolation of loving You.

O my God, if my tongue cannot say in every moment that I love You, I want my heart to say it in every beat. Allow me the grace to suffer loving You, to love you suffering, and one day to die loving You and feeling that I love You. And as I approach my end, I beg you to increase and perfect my love of You.


Prayer to St John Marie Vianney

St. John Marie Vianney, your life was a complete offering to God for the service of all; we pray that through the power of the Holy Spirit we may all respond today, with courage to the challenges of our personal vocation.

You were an assiduous adorer of Christ in the Blessed Sacrament. Help us to approach the Holy Eucharist with faith and reverence, so that we may enjoy his abiding presence in the Most Blessed Sacrament.

You were a friend of sinners. You always reminded them: “Your sins are just like grains of sand in front of the great mountain of the mercy of God.” Loosen the bonds of fear that prevents us to approach the mercy of God: help us to be truly sorrow for our sins. Help us to discover the true face of God who always waits for the return of the prodigal son.

You were always a help to the poor: “My secret is simple; it is to give all and to keep nothing for myself.” Teach us to share with those who are in need, help us to be free from our attachments to money and to all false riches.

You were a loving child of the Blessed Mother, “your most lasting affection.” Teach us to turn to her with simplicity and confidence of a child.
You are now the example of pastors of the world. Let your pastoral charity lead the pastors of our times to discover the bond that unites all without discrimination of persons; give them the love for the Church, the passion for the apostolate, and the strength in the face of many difficulties.

Inspire our young people to understand the grandeur of the priestly ministry and the joy to embrace the call of the Good Shepherd.

Holy Cure of Ars, intercede for us. Obtain for us what we ask for in faith, especially the fruitfulness of the this Year for the Priests (mention your personal petitions), you are the humble and faithful pastor, ever faithful in the service of God and all. Amen


Lay person’s prayer for the Sanctification of Priests

Lord Jesus, through the intercession of St. John Mary Vianney, we your people pray to you for our priests. You have given them to us for our needs. We pray for them in their needs.

We know that you have made them priests in the likeness of your own priesthood. You have consecrated them, set them aside, anointed them, filled them with the Holy Spirit, appointed them to teach, to preach, to minister, to console, to forgive, and to feed us with Your Body and Blood.

Yet we know, too, that they are one with us and share our human weaknesses. We know too that they are tempted to sin and discouragement as we are, needing to be ministered to, as do we, to be consoled and forgiven, as do we. Indeed, we thank You for choosing them among us so that they understand as we understand them, suffer with us and rejoice with us, worry with us and trust with us, share our beings, our lives, our faith.

We ask that you give them this day the gift you gave your chosen ones on the way to Emmaus: Your presence in their hearts, your holiness in their souls, your joy in their spirits. And let them see you face to face in the breaking of the Eucharistic bread.

We pray to you, our Lord, through Mary the Mother of all priests, for your priests and for ours.

Holy Mary, intercede for your priests.
St. Joseph, protect them.
St. Michael, defend them.
St. John Mary Vianney, pray for them.

Amen.

***

Please include me and my family, and my brother who is a priest, in your prayers as I include you in mine especially during my Eucharistic Adoration.

No comments:

Post a Comment