Pages

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Marian Exhibit

Spent the whole day traveling via bus to...believe or not...the Department of Foreign Affairs to get my passport.

No, the process was surprisingly very quick for a government office.  What I was ranting about is the two hour travel from home to the DFA.  No, thanks to the traffic of Metro Manila.

After processing my passport, I went to the SM Mall of Asia to have a quick lunch.  I am a lover of veggies so from among the gastronomic and cholesterol laden delights in the humongous mall's foodcourt, I chose to eat a Mongolian vegetable stir fry served on a hot plate.  Nope I did not take any photos.  I leave it to Fr. Z.  I am not as good as a cook as he is.  And besides, I ate at a foodcourt...at SM...what's gourmet in that?!

To my surprise, there was, right below the foodcourt, a beautiful exhibit of Marian Images organized by Radio Veritas.  The image below is courtesy of the radio station.  You can see the run dates of the exhibit.


 Upon entering, some of the staff will give you free Holy Cards of Our Lady of Veritas and of the Immaculate Conception, principal patron of the Philippines.  There is a also an empty envelope and a blank form which you can use to write your Mass intentions.  You can also use the envelope to give your donations.

Here are some of the images I took with my "trusty" cellphone:

Our Mother of Perpetual Help

Our Lady of La Salette

The Queen of the Philippine Islands
(Notice the Maria Clara gown Our Lady is wearing.)

Our Lady, Mary, Mediatrix of All Graces (aka Our Lady of Lipa)
One of my personal favorite titles of Our Lady.  
I held the hand of this image and prayed for my intentions and for those who visit, read and follow my blog.  For both sinner and saint...from a sinner working diligently to become a saint.
Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary of La Naval Manila
(This beautiful statue is owned by Fr. Jojo Zerrudo)

There are other beautiful statues in the exhibit that I took photos of.  I will post them later as you can see in the photo below, there are A LOT!

Left row from the main entrance.

Right row from the main entrance

As you can see, there are A LOT of images in this exhibit.  You cannot even see the far end of the exhibit.

Oh before I end this post, here is something of particular interest that caught my eye.

I was looking at this image of Our Lady of Salvation when I noticed people milling around.  Nope.  I was hoping they were praying, but they were not.  They were playing the lottery!  Yup, that is a Lotto station right at the side of the exhibit.  Ah...my fellow and beloved Pinoy Catholics.  How cold are we!

Maybe praying that they'll win?

1 comment:

  1. They used to have this Marian exhibit at the old Nayong Pilipino. This was quite appropriate for devotion to the Virgin is part of our being Pinoy. Nowadays the Virgin is exhibited like any commodity in shopping malls. The mall taipans of course get revenue from such a devotional exhibit. My suggestion is that Marian exhibits should be returned to churches. Surely there are some Catholic churches with enough space.

    ReplyDelete