Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2012

From the Number 1 to the Number 2

The Pope's letter to Cardinal Bertone

***

Vatican City, 4 July 2012 (VIS) - Given below is the text of a letter written by the Holy Father to Cardinal Secretary of State Tarcisio Bertone, and dated 2 July.

"On the eve of my departure to spend the summer months at Castelgandolfo, I wish to express my profound appreciation for your discreet presence and wise counsel, which I have found particularly helpful over recent months.

"Having noted with sorrow the unjust criticisms that have been directed against your person, I wish to reiterate the expression of my personal confidence, which I already declared to you in a letter on 15 January 2010, the contents of which remain unchanged as far as I am concerned.

"In entrusting your ministry to the maternal intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Help of Christians, and to that of the Holy Apostles Peter and Paul, it is my pleasure to send you a fraternal greeting, accompanied by an apostolic blessing as a sign of all desired goodness".

No comments:

Post a Comment