Each parish has it's own beautiful, non liturgical tradition that we Filipinos can be proud of like the Good Friday processions, etc.
But this is also the season when the most notorious liturgical abusers bring out the big guns and just let it all out of their wacky heads to stage the most dramatic, tear-jerking cinematic production of the passion, death and resurrection of the Lord, which we once called the Paschal Triduum.
Yes, my dear friends. Every year, priests who have been trained to BASTARDIZE the Sacred Liturgy, in the name of INCULTURATION and the SPIRIT OF VATICAN II, see the Holy Week as LITURGICAL OPEN SEASON, apart from Christmas.
So be on the lookout for these liturgical abuses. They are most certainly going to happen.
1. Women to be included in the washing of the feet
2. "Apostles" washing the feet of other people in the pews.
3. Ordinary bread for the Mass of the Lord's Supper
4. One act plays for the Washing of the Feet
5. Eating of actual bread during the Mass of the Lord's Supper
6. Global Warming inspired Altar of Repose
7. One act plays for the Stations of the Cross
8. Families or celebrities (businessmen or TV/movie personalities) giving their "reflections" for the Seven Last Words.
9. Live action salubong. Actors as Mary and Jesus
10. The usual dancing and tambourines for the Gloria of the Easter Vigil
11. Wannabe balladeer layman singing the Exsultet instead of the priest (I heard from a friend that there is this brat from Paranaque, working in Ateneo, who thinks he can just do whatever he does with the Mass. He is now on my GULP watchlist.)
Can you add more to the list?
Send your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org