When priests leave the explaining be done by the youth, now what can be lower than that?
The Executive Secretary of the San Pablo Youth Commission issued a statement on May 17, 2014 regarding a supposed misleading and offensive blog post.
Nakakatawa, bakit siya, bakit sila? Nasaan ang mga pari na may sala ng Liturgical Abuse?
Pero pagbigyan natin ang mga bata. Baka kamag-anak ni Google Liturgist. Pagbigyan.
1. The pictures posted on the blog were given serious misinterpretation and some were even captioned with make-up stories.
BY THE WAY, IT IS NOT MAKE-UP STORIES. IT'S MADE-UP STORIES. Besides, if you will read the blog post, the word 'imagine' was used. Any grade school toddler would understand that it is IMAGINED for the sake of SATIRE.
Maybe you should read this article "Why can’t many Filipinos tell truth from satire?"
2. The author of the blog mentioned the supposed "ERRORS" in the celebration of the Holy Eucharist but did not give any explanation or reasoning on why it was wrong or what should be done.
IF YOU OR YOUR PRIESTS DO NOT KNOW THAT THIS IS WRONG, THEN YOU ARE WITHOUT HOPE.
Do you have any idea what is the General Instruction of the Roman Missal (GIRM)? Or Redemptionis Sacramentum?
Or more importantly, the SECOND VATICAN COUNCIL which said that
The celebration of Mass, as the action of Christ and the People of God arrayed hierarchically, is the center of the whole Christian life for the Church both universal and local, as well as for each of the faithful individually (Sacrosanctum Concilium #40)Center of the whole Christian life, di ba? Yun sabi ng Vatican II. Kaya importante ang Misa. PINAKA IMPORTANTE. Pag importante, dapat MAAYOS ANG BIHIS.
Ano sabi ng GIRM?
The vestment proper to the priest celebrant at Mass and other sacred actions directly connected with Mass is, unless otherwise indicated, the chasuble, worn over the alb and stole. (#337)O sige, sabihin na natin na concelebrant LANG yung 2 pari na naka T-SHIRT LANG, pero ano ba sabi tungkol sa concelebrants?
(C)oncelebrants other than the principal celebrant may omit the chasuble and simply wear the stole over the alb. (#209)Satisfied ka na?
3. The intentions of the author were unclear.
UNCLEAR? Or you did not read the original post.
4. They were given high grades in their evaluation.Let's ask these priests to wear the same thing when they go to the US Embassy for their visa application, or for a graduation ceremony or for an audience with the Queen of England or the Pope?Aren't these events much much much lesser than the Holy Mass?If you have priests, whose job is to make you aware that their job is about holy matters and not of this world, will you even sense that these priests take their job seriously, and SERIOUSLY think that what they are doing is worthwhile?Stay away from these priests!Pray for them!
May sasagot niyan sa iyo.
The event may have been graded well by the participants or even by the Commission officials. But it DOES NOT change the fact that the priests were LOUSY at Mass.
5. The guidelines in set in celebrating the liturgy are very helpful in adding to the sacredness of the celebrations which should be observed and followed. However it should not be the only standard to determine if the mass (small m for Mass!!!) was effective or not. If we are going by this silly and closed logic, then we're no different from the Pharisees who implemented their laws but did not understand their real essence. Even Jesus labelled them as hypocrites.
May sasagot ulit para sa iyo.
The very same Church that Jesus Himself established established the rules I just quoted. Do you think Jesus will contradict His own Church? Foolish Google Liturgist now in Laguna. Nahawa yata ng taga Davao.
NOW THE MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION.
Why can YOU not follow the San Pablo Youth Commission Social Communications Ministry who had a BETTER ORGANIZED MASS with the Bishop?
Or better yet. WILL THE BISHOP APPROVE of the way that YES Camp Mass was held?