Pages

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

GULP Alert: Liturgical Dancing again...



For the life of me, I cannot decipher what these women are doing?

Let us try to investigate.

Hmmm..so they are clothed in white and blue, probably Marian.

Oh! Oh! Oh!

The parish church, as my source and GULP Agent told me, is the Birhen ng Lourdes Parish in Bagong Barrio, Caloocan City.  I little digging and I found that the parish is administered by the Oblates of Mary Immaculate!  This is the congregation that

I think I have posted some liturgical dances done in another OMI parish in Caloocan City.

I cannot find the post though.  Hmmm...  

So what are these women doing?

Here are the choices.
a.  Offering their burning incense while desperately trying to imitate Pilita Corales 
b.  They actually cooked some sinigang or kare-kare that are now part of the gifts for the Offertory procession
c.  They are former employees of "The Singing Cooks and Waiters, atbp." and they sponsored this Mass
d.   The Mass was so "boring", they had a 5 minute break to have some "Intermission Numbers"
e.  They are liturgically trained to worship Father Earth and Mother Nature so dancing this way at Mass helps raise awareness on Climate Change
f.  ALL OF THE ABOVE 

 As far as I know, the new pope did not allow liturgical dance.  And the law against liturgical dance in the Mass is still in force.

Which leads me to ask...Where are the bishops when you need them?




No comments:

Post a Comment