Pages

Thursday, August 1, 2013

What I have to say about Pope Francis and the FFI

As I have stated yesterday, I prayed it over.

And just as I prayed about it, here comes a wise, I mean, VERY wise piece of advice from Salesian Father Chito Dimaranan, who wrote to address the issue about the Holy Father and the FFI.

For the record, let me say this straight. I love the Latin Mass myself and, in fact, am trying to introduce it where I am. This does not mean, though, that I hate the Ordinary Form of the Mass (which some individuals love to derisively refer to, at times, as "Novus Ordo" (with a lot of parenthetical - if, sarcastic - comments). I also love the liturgy, but not the way some quarters use it as some kind of weapon against those again whom they derisively refer to as "novus ordo priests." I champion fidelity to the GIRM and what is stipulated there, and will obey promptly if and when the authorities decide to revise it. I rally against those who mutilate the ordo, change it arbitrarily, or otherwise add extraneous, outrageous elements not contemplated and stipulated by the General Instruction on the Roman Missal. My fidelity and allegiance is not to a Church of the past, but a living and teaching Church, headed by the Vicar of Christ, the Bishop of Rome, not some vociferous blogger that rains railings and rants from the heavens on a regular basis. I love Pope John Paul II. I love Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI. And there is no reason for me to love Pope Francis any less, even as I uphold the "hermeneutics of continuity" in Church Councils and teachings, not excluding the Second Vatican Council!
Here's a quote from Taylor Marshall:
"If you love the Latin Mass, remember that Latin Mass PEOPLE are the greatest enemies of the Latin Mass movement. I love the Latin Mass. However, if I were Pope Francis and read the comments at Rorate Caeli, I’d be tempted to shut it all down. It looks sinful and disgusting from the outside. Keep a lock on your lips. Stay out of traddy online forums/blogs. Pray more. Complain less."

Amen.

And that my friends is what I have to say about this issue.

Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment