Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

How to observe Lent: Doing Acts of Mercy

If you cannot fast, do these instead!



The Works of Mercy

THE CORPORAL ACTS

  1. To feed the hungry: "For I was hungry and you gave me to eat." Mt. 25:35

  2. To give drink to the thirsty: "...I was thirsty and you gave me to drink..." Mt. 25:35

  3. To clothe the naked: "I was...naked and you clothed me..." Mt. 25:36

  4. To visit the imprisoned: "I was in prison and you came to me." Mt. 25:36

  5. To shelter the homeless: "...I was a stranger and you took me in..." Mt. 25:35

  6. To visit the sick: "...I was sick and you cared for me..." Mt. 25:36

  7. To bury the dead: "Amen, I say to you, insofar as you did it for one of these least of my brothers, you did it for me." Mt. 25:40
gold 

line

THE SPIRITUAL ACTS

  1. To admonish the sinner: "...there will be more joy in Heaven at the repentance of one sinner than at ninety-nine of the righteous who had no need of repentance." Lk. 15:7

  2. To instruct the ignorant: "Go into the whole world and proclaim the good news to all creation." Mk. 16:15

  3. To counsel the doubtful: "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you...Let not your hearts be troubled..." Jn. 14:27

  4. To comfort the sorrowful: "Come to me, all you grown weary and burdened, and I will refresh you." Mt. 11:28

  5. To bear wrongs patiently: "...Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you." Lk. 6:27-28

  6. To forgive all injuries: "And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors." Mt. 6:12

  7. To pray for the living and the dead: "Father, I desire that they, too, may be with me where I am..." Jn. 17:24
gold 

line

No comments:

Post a Comment