But I hope they "harden not their hearts" and come back to the one fold left by Christ to Peter.
And here is the reason why.
Taken from this link:
Should Traditional Catholics Attend the "Indult" Mass?
The Society of Saint Pius X could never profit by Rome's Indult, first because of the conditions attached to it, and, in particular, that of acknowledging the "doctrinal and juridical" value of the Novus Ordo Missae which is impossible and second, but more fundamentally, because such acceptance of the Indult would amount to saying that the Church had lawfully suppressed the traditional Latin Mass, which is certainly not the case.
But other priests have profited by it, some jumping at the chance to say the traditional Latin Mass, others only because requested by their Bishop, and the odd one or two who would always say the traditional Latin Mass anyway but have accepted to do so under the auspices of the Indult for "pastoral reasons".
Can We attend Their Masses?
If we have to agree to the doctrinal and juridical value of the Novus Ordo, then NO, for we cannot do evil that good may ensue.
This condition may not be presented explicitly, but by implication, such as:
- by a priest who celebrates the Novus Ordo on other days of the week or at other times;
- using Hosts consecrated at a Novus Ordo Missae;
- or with communion in the hand;
- new lectionaries, Mass facing the people, etc;
- by a priest who was ordained in the New Rite;
- by sermons that are modernist in inspiration (much to be feared if the celebrant habitually says the Novus Ordo Missae);
- by offering only the revised forms of the other sacraments, eg. penance.
You think I'd support men with this kind of view!
So stop sending those emails and those wall posts.
You're wasting your time.