Papal Encyclical "Mediator Dei"
Funny that some of our liturgists know better than Peter himself.
Oh, I know what they'll say.
Pius wrote Mediator Dei because...
- He was old fashioned and the liturgical research at that time was not updated...
- He did not read "What then is Liturgy". Oh yeah, it was not yet published then.
- He is not a member of the Philippine Academy for Liturgical Research
- He does not know inculturation
- He was not yet smitten by the spirit of Vatican...
- He does not know anything about the sense of community and belongingness
- He does not eat the Meal of Love
- He does not have any idea about the "pristine liturgy"
- He is out of touch with the senses of the people
- He is too much into clericalism
- He is a pompous, hierarchical monarch who enjoys being carried around on a portable chair
For as long as they have their own way in deciding what the Mass ought to be.
Other than those what Holy Mother Church GAVE us!