Pages

Saturday, January 23, 2010

A humble request from a Nazareno devotee


(Photo courtesy of the Archdiocese of Manila website)


I am a Nazareno devotee so correct me if I am wrong.

The priest above is Fr. Anton Pascual. He is the director of Radio Veritas and spiritual director of the charismatic group El Shaddai. I always see him on TV but I rarely see him say Mass at the Quiapo Basilica.

I always see him during the Feast of the Black Nazarene every January 9. He has the mic before the grand procession begins. He asks the devotees to either raise their hands, wave their white towels or hankies or to follow verbatim the prayer he utters.  That's right, just...every...feast...day.

Wouldn't it be nice to see him regularly at the Basilica saying Mass, let's say every Friday? Not just every feast day, right?

Just asking, Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment