Pages

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Pinoy priests enter politics



That is Fr. Emerson Luego of the Diocese of Tagum. I know this priest from someone very close to me. And I am not at all surprised that he has decided to run for mayor of his hometown of Sto. Tomas, Davao del Norte.

I know a LOT about this priest.  He is a close friend of someone close to me. I am not at all surprised to learn that he will leave the priesthood to enter politics.

Another Filipino priest, Father Diosdado Tabios. Read his story here.

The current governor of Pampanga, Ed Panlilio, is a priest. He is the second priest to be elected to public office in the republic. The first is Fr. Margarito Gonzaga, who was elected mayor of Alburquerque, Bohol in 1971.

Never heard of stories like this before...Vatican 2. Am I insinuating? Nah! Just drawing a timeline.

No comments:

Post a Comment