Pages

Thursday, November 12, 2009

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED GIFT FOR PRIESTS

If you are looking for a gift for your parish priest or even seminarians, then this book is a definite must for the Year of the Priest!



I cannot find a bigger online image of the book. But the funny thing is I have an autographed copy of this book from none other than Fr. Franz Josef Eilers, SVD. Great and holy priest.

He selected from the writings of the popes and from his experiences as a spiritual director to compile this beautiful book on the Priest.

You can order it here. The book is at the bottom of the page.

I once gave a copy to a priest friend. A week after giving him the copy, I asked him of his impressions of the book. He said "Too traditional."

Well, can't blame him. He is a young priest during the maddening years of V2 and its hoopla on "fresh air" and aggiornamento.

But those priests who I know who have a great devotion to priestly ministry like sacraments and parish life are appreciative of the book.

I can clearly see the glaring difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment